The benefits of Tai Chi for our residents are amazing. If you are looking for a low-impact, relaxing form of exercise to help increase your balance, flexibility and strength, Tai Chi at Carolina Bay is the program for you! Tai Chi is an internal Chinese martial art in the sense that it focuses on mental and spiritual aspects integrated into movement. This meditative form of exercise is sure to make residents feel better physically and emotionally while increasing balance, posture and body awareness.
11 Benefits of Tai Chi at Carolina Bay:
1. Relieves physical affects of stress
2. Promotes deep breathing
3. Improves lower body and leg strength
4. Helps with arthritis pain
5. Reduces blood pressure
6. Requires mind and body integration through mental imagery
7. Accumulates energy by releasing endorphins rather than depleting it
8. Enhances mental capacity and concentration
9. Improves balance and stability by strengthening ankles and knees
10. Promotes faster recovery from strokes and heart attacks
11. Improves conditions of Alzheimer’s, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson’s
Carolina Bay Continuing Care Retirement Community’s Personal Trainer and Wellness Coach, Ajay Bhatt, is currently conducting 4 Tai Chi sessions a week for our residents and the results participating individuals are seeing and experiencing are quite remarkable!